Ethiopia Worka Recipe by Elika Liftee
Ethiopia Worka, roasted by Onyx Coffee labs.
Message from Onyx
"A personal favorite from our roastery, this washed coffee from Ethiopia exhibits one of our favorite profiles. It’s extremely clean and silky in texture. It animates complex Earl Grey like tea and bergamot notes. Subtle sweet lemon, blueberry and cocoa are also present in the flavor of the cup."
REGION: GEDEB, YIRGACHEFFE
PRODUCER: SNAP COFFEE
PROCESS: WASHED & RAISED-BED DRIED
ELEVATION: 2000 METERS
CUP: EARL GREY TEA, LEMON, BLUEBERRY, COCOA
- Grind 20g of coffee medium course (9.5 on an Mahlkönig EKS, 18 on a Baratza Encore, 28 clix on Comandante C40)
- Use 300g water (Third Wave water packet) set to 200F (93C)
- Bloom for 45 seconds with 50g, light circular pours.
- Pour 100g via heavy centralised pour (150g total)
- At 1:30 circular pour 75g (225g total)
- At 2 minutes add 75g via a heavy centralised pour (300g total)
- Serve and enjoy!
Want to try for yourself?
Every subscriber to Standart issue 19 will receive a sample bag of Ethipia Worka from Onyx coffee lab to try this recipe for themselves. Subscribe now by clicking here.