Give & Get
These are unprecedented times. The COVID-19 outbreak is affecting our lives in unimagined ways. There is no telling how widely and for how long those reverberations will be felt, and the extent to which they will shape our lives from here on out.
Baristas and other hospitality workers are losing their jobs and livelihoods and coffee shops are facing untold pressures, which in return will affect the lives of farmers and all those along the supply chain. It's a spiral whose force we need to stifle as best we can, as quickly as we can, so here's something we thought we'd try.
Until the end of May, the profit of all new subscriptions will go to support your favourite coffee shop. This means that if you buy a yearly subscription with a unique referral code from the shop you want to support, half of what you pay goes straight to them. No ifs. No buts. No maybes.
This is how it works in three simple steps:
- Ask the coffee shop you want to support for a Standart referral code. If they don’t have one yet, ask them to register here.
- Purchase a yearly subscription to Standart using their code at checkout. Share the link with others.
- After your purchase, we pay the registered coffee shops 50% of the total price as commission. No questions asked.
Firstly, it’s good for you, the reader. With your purchase, you get a yearly subscription to Standart—four issues of award-winning print and four sample bags of specialty coffee from some of the world's best coffee roasters—delivered to your door every quarter.
Secondly, it’s good for the coffee shop. Your purchase of a Standart subscription equates to €20 for your chosen shop. The only action they need to do is to register here and share the link with their community.
And finally, it’s good for us at Standart. While we won’t make profit on these purchases, we can at least cover some of our production costs and pay our team, contributors, and suppliers. Plus, we get to share what we do with you during these difficult times. Anything we can do to alleviate even some of the stress and upset this virus has caused is worth it.
Help us spread the love:
- Find the coffee shop you would like to support here. Can't find them? Ask them to register here.
- Ask them to share the affiliate link with their friends and supporters.
- Buy a subscription yourself.
- Brew some good coffee, sit back, relax, and get lost for a while in our pages.
We firmly believe that by supporting each other, we will get through this. The ‘Half in–half out’ campaign, as we are calling it, is a token of good faith that we as a publisher hope helps the baristas and coffee shops we and our readers love and want so very much to see on the other side of all this.